Valentines day as a child was always filled with the preparations for the in class party at school.
1) Picking out invitations (Dear GOD let me find the Smurfs Or Snoopy)
2) Signing and addressing all the cards, feeling weird about giving them to some of the boys in class, while still hoping they give you one
3) Creating your “Mailbox” that will sit on your desk to collect your Valentines
4) remembering whatever treat you were signed up for
Ahhh the memories of being young and still enjoying the holiday
We are all a wee bit older now. We have all had our share of “Valentines Day sucks” moments, so why not have an adult version of the Kindergarten party at the office? Stroll with me thru this plan…
1) Still have to get the box of Valentines to address. However, this year I would be opting for the Hotel Transylvania ones. “Von’t you be my Valentine?” and really, how great would it be to get a Transformers Valentine from your boss?
2) Instead of regular candy, we all have to spring for the good stuff. (Godiva, anything from Europe with liquor, overly priced cupcakes from Just Baked)
3) Still have to create your mailbox, but whoever has the most creative, gets a $200 Gift Card to the local liquor store.
4) and the most important, when ever someone says “Valentine” everyone gets to a do a Jello Shot.
Personally, I think the work day would be much more enjoyable and it would have contain a dash of childhood magic and nostalgia.
Who is with me?