I have spent most of my life with an idolized version of what a soul mate is. The perfect person who would be the Prince to my Princess. It was a mash up of Danny and Sandy from Grease, and me and Don Johnson living in Miami.
What I have learned is that I was wrong… really, really, wrong.
Not in that it is necessarily a bad thing and I woke up one morning all “holy crap this is just so horrific”. My realization was more like a “Oh, Yeah, this makes more sense to me”. Hindsight is so 20/20…I hate it when my Mother is right.
The following is a list of things that yours truly believes constitute a Soul mate. Yours is different, because you are not me and I am not you. (That totally sounds like a Beetles song.) However, the basic principles remain the same.
Also, the world would implode if there were ever two of me…it would be a disaster; trust me on this.
- Going to Taco Bell at 3:00 A.M because you must have a taco with extra cheese now.
- Rubbing your toes until you stop crying
- Doesn’t get irritated when you speak all the parts along with your favorite movie
- Pretends that you don’t have PMS
- Understands that you will never learn how to cook
- That you can fart in front of and laugh
- No matter how angry you are, you would rather sleep next to them then apart
- Goes and checks out the scary noise you are convinced is a demon or someone breaking into the house even though they have told you a million times in the last hour it’s just the wind but they will go check anyway so you will shut the hell up and go to sleep
- Tells you when you are wrong
- Always has your Six
Take that Hallmark Channel